Tulsk six-shooters back in business!

Intermediate Round-up – Mulryan Construction Roscommon IFC

Group A

Tulsk 6-11 Kilbride 1-12: After a few below par performances in recent weeks, Tulsk are back in business after this comprehensive win against Kilbride in Tulsk last Saturday night. Kilbride were always second best and their chances disappeared when their talisman Conor Devaney had to go off with a nasty looking facial injury ten minutes into the second half.

  Kieran Donoghue began the rout with the first attack when he blasted to the Kilbride net and the tone was set after that. Padraig Scott scored Tulsk’s second goal from the penalty spot in the 18th minute and soon after that Tadgh O’Rourke scored Tulsk’s third goal. Then five minutes before half-time Richie Feeney scored another Tulsk goal and despite battling away, Kilbride found themselves 10 points down at half-time.

  Five minutes into the new half Richie Feeney scored his second goal and with Conor Devaney off the field through injury, it was one-way traffic. The sides exchanged goals in the final few minutes with Dylan Gavigan on target for Kilbride and Niall Cassidy scoring Tulsk’s sixth goal.

Scorers – Tulsk: R Feeney (2-0), P Scott (1-2), J Conlon (0-4), K Donoghue, T O’Rourke and N Casserly (1-0) each, G Callaghan, D Jones, C Burns, C O’Rourke, D Carlton (0-1) each.

Kilbride: D Clabby (0-4), D Gavigan (1-0), C O’Neill and T O’Grady (0-2) each, C Shanagher, F Tully, C Devaney and P O’Beirne (0-1) each.

Fuerty 0-14 Oran 0-7: Fuerty continued with their good form at Mulhern Park on Saturday night last, and now as a result of this defeat Oran are in a precarious position with qualification for the play-offs uncertain going into the final round. In this game Oran were the better side in the opening half but they shot several bad wides and once Fuerty got going in the second half there was only one team in it.

  Oran dominated the exchanges in the opening half but by the break the sides were level at 0-4 each. Adrian Cassidy (2) Kieran Whyte and Shane Regan were on target for Oran while Aengus Lyons, Peter Leahy and Niall Kilroy (2) on target for the home side.

  In the second half, Fuerty took over and with Niall Kilroy outstanding they pulled away and Oran failed to score from play in that second period. Eamon Bannon, Philip Neilan and Peter Kellehan were also excellent for a Fuerty side who are brimming with confidence right now and are heading for the IFC semi-finals.

Scorers – Fuerty: N Kilroy (0-7), E Bannon (0-2), N Keenan, P Leahy, G Ennis, A Lyons and D Mullan (0-1) each.

Oran: A Cassidy (0-4), K Whyte, S Regan and P Kenny (0-1) each.

St. Dominic’s 1-12 Kilmore 1-11: A candidate for the club game of the year so far in the county at Knockcroghery as the home side St. Dominic’s prevailed by a point after a thrilling contest. Dominic’s were the best side early on but Dara Feely’s goal brought Kilmore back into the game and they kicked on with some fine points. But Dominic’s were never far away and with Conor Fallon as accurate as ever from frees they levelled before the break.

  Then Michael McGloin scored a fine goal on the restart for Dominic’s. But Paul Garvey replied with two points for Kilmore to bring them back into the game. A straight red card to former county minor star Colm Garvey with 10 minutes to go didn’t help the Kilmore cause but they coped defiantly with the loss. Dominic’s edged three ahead with three minute of normal time to play. But Kilmore hit two late points to leave the final few minutes tense but the home side held out to win.

Scorers – St. Dominic’s: C Fallon and U Kelly (0-5), M McGloin (1-0), K Dockery, E McCormack (0-1) each.

Kilmore: P Garvey (0-6), D Connellan (0-4), D Feely (1-0), P Caslin (0-1).

Group B

Éire Óg 3-11 St. Michael’s 1-3: Éire Óg were the comfortable winners at Boyle and St Michael’s now face a relegation battle. Éire Óg led by 1-7 to 0-1 at half-time with Lee Keenan getting the goal.

  Michael’s staged a late rally but further Éire Óg goals from Sean Groarke and Liam Creaton after half-time saw the Loughglynn based outfit out of sight before Ronan Cox scored a consolation goal for St. Michael’s from a free.

Scorers – Éire Óg: L Creaton (1-7), L Keenan (1-1), S Groarke (1-0), B Nolan (0-2), C Lavin (0-1).

St. Michael’s: R Cox (1-0), S Gillespie (0-2), P Simon (0-1).


Shannon Gaels 2-10 St. Barry’s 1-11: Shannon Gaels were the narrow winners of this entertaining clash at Boyle. The Gaels totally dominated the first half and led by 2-7 to 0-3 at half-time with Shane Leyden and Conor Leyden scoring the goals. But Barry’s were much better on the resumption and Alan Callaghan’s goal and a string of points saw the gap down to just one approaching the final few minute but a late Conor Leyden point sealed it for The Gaels.

Scorers – Shannon Gaels: Conor Leyden (1-3), M Bourke (0-4), S Leyden (1-1), C Lynch and S O’Dowd (0-1) each.

St. Barry’s: R Mitchell (0-5), A Callaghan (1-0), F McGowan (0-2), R Rogers, T Murtagh, K Garraghan, and K Cawley (0-1) each.


St. Aidan’s 2-16 Clann na nGael 1-9: St. Aidan’s turned in one of their best displays in a while to overturn Clann at Knockcroghery. The Johnstown men started best and led by 0-6 to 0-3 after 25 minutes but four points without reply saw Aidan’s lead by one at the break. Eoin Fallon’s goal early in the second half set Aidan’s on their way and they didn’t look back after that. Jack Conroy scored a superb second goal for Aidan’s and although Ciaran Lennon scored a goal for Clann it was of consolation value only.

Scorers – St. Aidan’s: E Fallon (1-3), P Neary (0-4) J Conroy (1-1), A Higgins, J Coyne, K Waldron and M Connolly (0-2) each

Clann na nGael: C Lennon (1-4), C Connaughton (0-2), N Connaughton, R Killian and M Shine (0-1) each.