Soccer Round-up

Draw for Ballinasloe Ballinasloe Town 1 Kilkerrin United 1 Second placed Ballinasloe Town were held to a 1-1 draw at home to bottom side Kilkerrin United on Thursday evening. Henry Loughnane headed a fine goal for the home side ten minutes into the second half, but with five minutes left to play Brian Geraghty headed an equaliser for Kilkerrin United Moore United 3 Ballymoe FC 0 Moore United eased their relegation worries by beating Ballymoe FC 3-0 in Moore. Enda Barrett won a penalty and Paul Kelly scored from the spot after five minutes of play. Christiana broke clear to make it 2-0 after thirty minutes of play and John White completed the scoring just before half time. Kilkerrin United 2 Glen Celtic 2 Glen Celtic drew 2-2 with Kilkerrin United in Kilkerrin on Sunday. Aiden Kitt gave Kilkerrin an early lead. Thomas Curtin and Cathal Dowd made it 2-1 in favour of the Glenamaddy side before Aiden Kitt got an equaliser for Kilkerrin United. CONNACHT CUP Skyvalley Rovers 1 Abbey United 4 Skyvalley Rovers were beaten 4-1 at home by the Sligo Leitrim Champions Abbey United in the fourth round of the Umbro-sponsored Connacht Cup. Clive Simmons and Glen Shannon gave Abbey a 2-0 lead midway through the first half. Sean Fahy pulled a goal back for Skyvalley Rovers after Conor Duignan won a penalty kick with forty minutes played. The Abbey keeper pulled off a string of saves to deny Skyvalley Rovers an equaliser. Christopher Kelly and Andrew McLoughlin added two more for the Sligo Super league side before the end. ATHLONE NISSAN DIVISION ONE Rahara Rovers 1 St John’s Athletic 1 St. John’s Athletic edged closer to winning this division when they drew 1-1 against neighbours Rahara Rovers in Rahara. John Devine gave St. John’s athletic a 1-0 lead after sixty five minutes of play and Kevin Cassidy scored an equaliser in the dying seconds of the game for Rahara. Lough Harps 1 Ahascragh United 3 Ahascragh United beat bottom side Lough Harps 3-1 in Ballinlough. The home side went into an early lead before Frankie Devine scored two goals for Ahascragh United. David Leonard added a third for the winners. BEÁR AN RÁILLE DIVISION TWO Loughglynn United 3 Roscommon Town 0 Leaders Loughglynn United march on and stay three clear of second place Lisnamult Celtic after a 3-0 win over Roscommon Town at Loughglynn. Mark O’Brien scored a hat trick for the home side.  CASEY FORD DIVISION THREE Ballymoe 0 Moore United B 4 League leaders Moore Utd. continue to lead this division after beating Ballymoe 4-0 in Ballymoe. With Cathal Óg Sullivan the man of the match, Enda Kenny, Kevin Kenny, Eamon Naughton and Paul Dunning scored for Moore United. Cam Celtic B 1 Rahara Rovers B 3 Second place Rahara are now just two points behind Moore United after beating Cam Celtic 3-1 in Brideswell. Niall Daly, Ross Shannon and Gerry Lohan scored for Rahara Rovers and Benny Morris replied with a stunning strike for Cam Celtic. KC Celtic 1 Castlerea Celtic B 1 Castlerea Celtic drew 1-1 with KC Celtic at Cloonfad. Garry McLoughlin gave the Kilconnell side a 1-0 lead before Garreth McElhone won a point for Castlerea Celtic.