Shiven’s shock win over Castlerea

Newly-promoted Shiven Rovers pulled of one of the shocks of the season when they beat Castlerea Celtic 3-0 at Newbridge in the Ruby Oil sponsored Premier Division of the Roscommon & District League.    With just five minutes played Thomas Hannon created a chance for Peter Gilmore and he made no mistake from close range. Eighteen minutes into the second half Peter Gilmore won and converted a penalty kick and the five minutes later Eoghan McDonagh made sure of a win when he scored Shiven Rovers third goal.   Ballinasloe Town made it three straight wins when they beat Kilkerrin Utd. 5-0 away at Kilkerrin. All the goals came in the second half. Mark Duffy scored two and Liam Lynch, Kevin Flanagan and Niall Hynes added one each.   Moore Utd and Cloonfad Utd. drew 1-1 at Moore. Johnny Dunning got on the end of a Joe O’Connell cross to give Moore the advantage after fifteen minutes. Danny Flatley won a point for Cloonfad Utd. when he scored with four minutes left to play.   Skyvalley Rovers had their first win of the season when they beat Ballymoe F C 4-1 at Onagh Park Taughmaconnell. The scoreline did not give a fair reflection of the game as it was only in the closing stages that Skyvalley Rovers gained control. Brian Croffy opened the scoring for the home side with a long-range shot before half-time. Padraig Joyce levelled the game with twelve minutes to play. In the closing minutes Cormac McDonald headed a Damien Caulfield cross to the Ballymoe net and Conor Duignan and William Caulfield added two well-taken goals before the end.   In the Athlone Nissan division 1 St. Johns Athletic maintain their winning ways with a 3-2 win away to Lough Harps. John Devine gave St. Johns the lead on two occasions but Joe Neenan replied for the Ballinlough side. With fifteen minutes left to play Aidan O’Beirne scored a winner for Peter Tilley’s men. Cam Celtic and Strokestown Utd. drew 1-1 at Brideswell. Young Patrick Brogan won a point for Strokestown to leave them top of the division 1 points table.    Moylough 79 and Ahascragh Utd. drew 2-2 at Moylough. Tom Cheevers and Jason Shaughnessy scored for the home side. Ballinasloe Town had their first win of the season when they beat Rahara Rvs. 4-0 at Ballinasloe. Jason Campbell and Ian Parker scored two each for newly-promoted Ballinasloe Town.  Manor Utd. made it two wins out of three when they beat Ericsson F.C. 1-0 at Athlone. With five minutes left to play Aidan Kelly gave a good pass to Joe Cassidy and he finished with a well-struck volley.  Glen Celtic beat Laurencetown 2-1 at Glenamaddy in their Division 2 game. Declan McCallion and Michael Geraghty gave Glen Celtic a 2-0 lead with Liam Davis pulling one back for Laurencetown just before the break.  C.P. Ajax beat Lisnamult Celtic 4-2 at Tarmon. Sean Ryan scored early for the Castleplunket side before Lisnamult Celtic moved 2-1 ahead. Pat Lavin, Sean Ryan and Nipper Ryan added three for C.P. Ajax with reply in the closing stages.  Roscommon Town had a welcome 1-0 win over Cloonfad Utd. at Roscommon. Substitute Paul Noone scored the only goal of the game after sixty minutes of play. Loughglynn Utd. beat Shiven Rovers 5-0 at Newbridge. David Ward scored three and Mark O’Brien added two more for an undefeated Loughglynn Utd. side.  Ballinagare beat Skyvalley Rvs. 2-1 at Taughmaconnell. Declan Cooney scored for the losers.    In the Casey Ford Division 3 Rahara Rvs. beat Moore Utd. 2-1 at Rahara. Luke Donnelly got both goals for the winners.   St. Johns Athletic beat new side K.C. Celtic 7-0 at Lecarrow. Michael Finneran and Brian Carney scored three each and Declan Dowling added the seventh.