Roscommon & District League

Roscommon & District League   Ballinasloe Town continue to lead the Ruby Oil sponsored Premier Division of the Roscommon and District league following a 3-1 win over Moore Utd. at Ballinasloe. Liam Lynch and Kevin Kenny gave the winners a 2-0 lead at half-time and Liam Lynch added their third after the break. Jonathan Dunning replied for the losers.  Cloonfad Utd. kept their unbeaten run intact when they drew 2-2 at home to Glen Celtic. Aidan Keadin and Aidan O’Boyle gave Cloonfad Utd. a 2-0 lead at half-time but the Glenamaddy side were level fifteen minutes after the break. Paul Geraghty and Niall Gannon scored for Glen Celtic.  Newly promoted Dysart drew 0-0 at home to old rivals Skyvalley Rvs. and they remain unbeaten in their four opening games. Both teams had chances but a point each was a fair result.  Shiven Rovers scored a late winner to give them a 3-2 win over an unlucky Ballymoe F.C. side at Ballymoe. Peter Gilmore gave the Newbridge side an early lead and Tom Shaughnessy levelled the game with a well-taken penalty. James Connaughton gave Ballymoe a 2-1 lead at the break. Padraig Delaney scored for Shiven Rvs. to level the game with eighteen minutes left to play. In the last minute of the game Thomas Hannon scored the winner for Shiven Rvs.  Castlerea Celtic received the points from their game against Kilkerrin Utd.  St. Johns Athletic are the new leaders of the Athlone Nissan Division 1 following a 2-0 win over old rivals and neighbours Cam Celtic at Lecarrow. With eleven minutes played the winners were awarded a disputed penalty and Alan Creavin scored from the spot. Cam Celtic spent the remainder of the game on the attack but Alan Creavin scored his second in injury time.  Strokestown Utd. are just a point behind St. Johns after being held to a 1-1 draw at home by Ericsson F.C. The visitors took the lead through Paul Meneghan after 20 minutes of play. Strokestown Utd. missed many chances before John Carlton connected with a Rory O’Connor cross, with fifteen minutes left to play, to win a point for the home side.  Ahascragh Utd. won their first game of the season when they beat Lough Harps 2-1 at Ahascragh. New Manager Seamus Concannon saw David Leonard win a penalty kick and convert it after fifteen minutes of play. Leonard added his second just before half time. John Kelly pulled a goal back for the Ballinlough side and the Ahascragh keeper Niall Burke saved a penalty kick to deny Lough Harps a draw.  Rahara Rovers are still very much in contention following a 0-0 draw at home to Moylough 79.  Ballinasloe Town beat Manor Utd. 1-0 at Manor. Vinnie Doherty scored the only goal of the game with twenty minutes left to play.  Loughglynn Utd. are the clear leaders of Division 2 following a 6-3 win over C.P Ajax at Loughglynn. The teams were will matched until the closing minutes of the game when Loughglynn scored three without reply. Donald Ward got a hat trick and Mark O’Brien adding two more before Christopher Dunne added a sixth for the winners. Sean Ryan, Martin Costello and Peter Kane replied for the Castleplunket side.  Ballinagare beat Roscommon Town 4-1 at Ballinagare. Mark Drury score two and Ultan Mulleady and James McDonald one each for the winners. David Flynn replied for an unlucky Town side.  Lisnamult Celtic beat Skyvalley Rvs. 3-0 at Roscommon. Dida scored two and John Tierney added a third for the winners.  Cloonfad Utd. beat Glen Celtic 8-3 at Cloonfad. Asillia scored three and Eamon Flatly and Ryan Merchant added two each with Paddy Costello scoring one..  In the Casey Ford Division 3 Moore Utd. beat St. Johns Athletic 5-1 at Moore. Cathal Og Sullivan scored two and Enda Colleran, Enda Kenny and the Brazilian Christi added one each. New Side K.C Celtic beat Ballymoe F.C. 3-1 at Kilconnell. Keith Muldoon scored for the losers.  In the remaining game Cam Celtic beat Castlerea Celtic 1-0 at Brideswell.