Roscommon & District League round-up

Umbro Connacht Senior Cup Round 1   Ballinasloe Town 3 Castlebar Celtic 2 Ballinasloe Town narrowly beat Castlebar Celtic 3-2. Garry Egan scored a hat-trick for the home side. Ballinasloe Town’s first came from a corner.    The gamed was 2-2 after normal time and Gary scored the winner in the last minute of extra-time.  Lough Harps 0 Manor United 1 Lough Harps were beaten by Manor Utd. 1-0. A goal by Brendan Burke ensured Manor advance to the next round.  Cam Celtic 2 Laurencetown 1 Cam Celtic won 2-1 against Laurencetown. Shane Dolan and Dermot O’Connor scored for Cam while Kevin Nee pulled one back for Laurencetown. St. Johns Athletic 1 Corrib Celtic 0 St. Johns Athletic won 1-0 against Corrib Celtic. A pass from Peter Keogh set up Alan Creavin who scored with a shot in the last minute of extra-time to secure a win for St. Johns.  Rahara Rovers 1 Oranbay 90 3 Oran bay 90 beat Rahara Rovers 3-1. Rahara went 2-0 down to goals from Shane Grealy & Darragh Hollywood before Anthony Donnelly scored in the 35th minute to make it 2-1. However in the 44 th minute Darragh Murphy scored to give the home side a 3-1 lead at half-time – and the match ended 3-1.  Roscommon Town 3 Quayside 2   (see game of weekend).   Kilshanvey United 1 Ballinagare 3 Ballinagare F. C. had a good away win against Kilshanvey Utd. winning 3-1. Eamon Ryan scored in the 1 st half with Derek Moran scoring twice in the second half.   There were walkovers for: Chaffpool United, Erricsson Athlone, Lisnamult Celtic, Moylough and Ahascragh Utd.  Ruby Oil Premier League Castlerea Celtic 2 Ballymoe 0   Castlerea Celtic continued their good form by beating Ballymoe 2-0 to go back on top of the league. A James Mannion free-kick after 25 minutes gave the home side the lead at half-time. In the second half James Mannion turned the provider with a cross to Damien Webb to score.  Cloonfad 2 Ballinasloe Town 2 Cloonfad caused a bit of an upset by beating Ballinasloe 2-1 in Cloonfad. Liam Lynch put the town side 1-0 up after only 2 minutes, however Aidan Boyle scored from a penalty to leave the sides level at the break. In the 68th minute David Keavney scored for Cloonfad to give Cloonfad all three points. Kilkerrin United 3 Dysart 0 After Skyvalley Rovers beat Kilkerrin last weekend Kilkerrin did not want to lose two in a row. Dysart were the visiting side. Kilkerrin won 3-0 on the day. Two goals from David Fahy and one from Kevin Cormack secured all three points. Moore United 3 Glen Celtic 1 Moore United obtained their 1 st win of the season. However they made hard work of it after going a goal behind to Glen Celtic just before half-time. Michael Geraghty scored for Glen Celtic. In the second half Enda Barrett scored with 15 minutes to go to level the match. With 15 minutes left Paul Kelly scored twice for Moore, one from close range and the second with a header at the back post.  Skyvalley Rovers 2 Shiven Rovers 2 Skyvalley made it an eight-match unbeaten run when they shared all point with Shiven Rovers in 2-2 draw.  Shiven took the lead from a shot from 15 yards from Eoin McDonagh, however five minutes later Conor Duignan squared the match.    With thirty minutes gone a good pass from Conor Duignan created a chance for Liam Finneran who shot to the roof of the net from 20 yards. With 10 minutes to go Shiven drew level. From a breaking ball from a corner Peter Gilmore was on hand to beat Benny Lynch in the Rovers goal to level the match. Bear an Raille Division 2   Loughglynn 2 Cloonfad 2 Roscommon Casey Ford Division 3 K.C Celtic drew 1-1 with Castlerea’s B team. Andrew Meehan scored for K.C. and David Kennedy scored for Celtic. Ballymoe v Moore was postponed while Cam Celtic beat Rahara Rovers 3-0 with two goals coming from Mark Gavin and Cathal Daly.