Roscommon & District League Round Up

Dysart 1 Shiven Rovers 0 Newly promoted Dysart are the joint leaders of the Ruby Oil-sponsored Premier Division of the Roscommon and District league following a 1 – 0 victory at home to Shiven Rovers. The Newbridge side had the majority of play and created more chances than Dysart. However Michael Connolly scored the decider for Dysart with fifteen minutes left to play. Castlerea Celtic 2 Moore Utd Castlerea Celtic made it two wins out of two when they beat Moore Utd 2 – 1 at Glenamaddy. Damien Webb converted a penalty kick and Jim Mannion scored the winner for Castlerea Celtic with the last kick of the game. Ballymoe 2 Kilkerrin Utd 5 Kilkerrin Utd recovered from a home defeat last weekend to beat last season’s Division 1 champions Ballymoe FC 5 – 2 at Ballymoe. Michael Gaffey gave Ballymoe an early lead and David Fahy levelled the game when he scored for Kilkerrin just before the break. Enda Diffley had Kilkerrin in front only for Ger McDonald to get an equaliser for Ballymoe. In the closing stages of the game Enda Diffley, Michael Walsh and Keith Mahon added three more for Kilkerrin. Cloonfad Utd 2 Skyvalley Rovers 2 Cloonfad Utd. drew 2 – 2 at home to old rivals Skyvalley Rovers. Padraig Gildea opened the scoring for Cloonfad Utd, with a close-range shot and Connor Duignan won and then converted a penalty kick for Skyvalley Rovers just before half time. With six minutes of play remaining Cormac Costello believed he had won all three points for Cloonfad, but Damien Caulfield headed an equaliser for Skyvalley Rovers three minutes later. Rahara and Strokestown on top Rahara Rovers and Strokestown Utd share the lead of the Athlone Nissan Division 1 after winning their two opening games. Rahara Rovers beat Lough Harps 2 – 1 at Rahara. John O Keeffe and Noel Moran gave Rahara a 2 – 0 lead, before Paul Walsh pulled a goal back for the Ballinlough side.   Strokestown Utd secured all three points from their home game against Ballinasloe Town. An own goal with fifteen minutes left to play decided the outcome in favour of Strokestown. St. Johns Athletic had an impressive 1 – 0 win over Ericsson FC at Lecarrow. John Devine got on the end of a good pass from Keith Reynolds in the second half to score the only goal of the game. Cam Celtic beat Ahascragh Utd. 7 – 3 at Ahascragh. Colin Shine scored four and Shane Dolan added two with Peter Nestor adding one. Darren Cotton, Colin Concannon and Niall Burke had kept Ahascragh Utd in touch with the winners until the closing stages. Moylough 79 beat Manor Utd 3 – 1 at Manor. Cathal O’Grady opened the scoring for the winners after eighteen minutes of play and Jason Donnellan added two more before the break. Aiden Kelly pulled a goal back for Manor from the penalty spot but Moylough held out for the win. Shiven Rovers got of to a good start but they were lucky to beat newly promoted Lisnamult Celtic 2 – 1 under the lights at Newbridge. Joe Devaney scored both goals for the winners and Edimielson added one for the losers. Loughglynn beat Glen Celtic 3 – 0 at Ballinlough. Donald Ward scored two and Michael Creaton added a third. All three were scored in the first half. Laurencetown and Roscommon Town drew 1 – 1 at Laurencetown. David Flynn gave Roscommon Town a 1 – 0 lead before the break and Kenneth Kenny replied for Laurencetown in the second half. Skyvalley’s second side lost 7 – 0 at home to their opposite numbers from Cloonfad. Asillia Fuwaz scored two and Nigel Prendergast, Declan Beirne, Kevin Shannon, Stephen Finnegan and Brian Merchant added one each. In the Casey Ford Division 3 Moore Utd beat Ballymoe 2 – 1 at Moore. Kevin Mulrennan scored for Ballymoe. Castlerea Celtic beat KC Celtic 4 – 0 at Ballinlough. Derek Kennedy scored two and Nigel Ward and Patrick Eagan added one each.  Cam Celtic beat Rahara Rovers 3 – 2 at Rahara. Mark Hanley got a hat trick for Cam Celtic and Luke Donnelly and Lorcan Dowd pulled two back for the losers.