A talk by Dr. Terence Dooley, lecturer at the National University of Ireland, Maynooth recently took place in the Moylurg Room at Lough Key Forest and Activity Park, to mark the 50th anniversary of the fire which destroyed Rockingham House. The fire started in the early evening of 10th September 1957 and raged on through the night with the last flames dying out some 24 hours later. The event saw the launch of a new book about Rockingham House, compiled by John Clapison and Triona Mullaney-Dignam of King House. The book includes photographs of the house in its hey day, with a history of the Rockingham Demesne and a forward by the last remaining member of the family who lived there, Lady Joan Dunn, the eldest daughter of Sir Cecil Stafford King-Harman, the last owner of Rockingham. The book is available from King House, or from the Úna Bhán Tourism Craft Shop in the grounds of King House, price €8.