Results at a glance

After many years in a lower division the good times are back for Dysart as they are the new leaders of the Ruby Oil-sponsored Premier Division of the Roscommon and District league. They came from 2-0 down at half time, at home to Glen Celtic, to win 5-4. The Corbett brothers Jason and Niall were the Dysart heroes as Jason scored three and Niall scored two in a thrilling game. Michael Molloy and Martin Hegarty scored for Glen Celtic in the first half and Michael Geraghty and Turla Keaveny added two more after the break. Ballinasloe Town 0 Moore United 2 Moore Utd. eased their relegation worries when they beat table toppers Ballinasloe Town on Friday Night in Ballinasloe. There were no goals in the first half but within five minutes of the restart Moore were ahead through Declan Duffy. Ten minutes later Mark Duignan converted a free kick to make it 2-0 for Moore. Garry Canavan pulled a goal back for the losers with seventeen minutes left to play, but Moore United held on to take all three points. Cloonfad United 2 Shiven Rovers 0 Cloonfad United kept their title hopes alive when they beat Shiven Rovers 2-0 in Cloonfad. David Keavney gave them a 1-0 lead after only five minutes of play and Aidan Keadin added a second twenty minutes later. UMBRO CONNACHT CUP THIRD ROUND Dynamo Blues 1 Kilkerrin United 0 Away day blues for Kilkerrin United were beaten 1-0 away to the Tuam side Dynamo Blues. Corofin United 3 v Ballinagare 2 (on penalties) Roscommon and District League Division 2 side Ballinagare went all the way to a penalty shoot-out at home to the Galway side Corofin United. However they lost the shoot out 3-2 after the game had earlier finished nil-all after extra time. Renmore 3 Castlerea Celtic 2 Premier Division side Castlerea Celtic were also beaten 3-2 away to the Galway side Renmore. Straid and Foxford 4 Ballymoe FC 0 Ballymoe FC went down 4-0 away to the Mayo Premier side Straid and Foxford Utd. Ballinasloe Town 5 Glen Celtic 1 Ballinasloe Town are through to Round 4 thanks to a 5-1 win over Glen Celtic in Ballinasloe. Thomas Curtin gave the Glenamaddy side an early lead and Peter Keighery scored from the penalty spot to level the game. Darragh Concannon struck twice for Ballinasloe Town and Patrick Loughnane and Mark Duffy completed the scoring for the winners. ATHLONE NISSAN DIVISION ONE Rahara Rovers 2 Strokestown United 1 In form Rahara Rovers share second place with Strokestown United three points behind the leaders St. John’s Athletic, who were not in action. Barry Nestor gave Rahara Rovers a first half lead. Wayne Coyne converted a penalty kick to level the game and with just three minutes left to play Niall Naughton volleyed a winner for Rahara Rovers. Ahascragh United 1 Moylough 79 0 Ahascragh United beat Moylough 79 1-0 in Ahascragh. A stunning strike by David Leonard ten minutes before half time won all three points for Ahascragh United This win puts Ahascragh on 15 points, ten points behind second place Rahara Rovers. Ericsson FC 3 Manor United 0 Ericsson FC beat Manor United 3-0 away in Manor. Ian Pillion broke the deadlock with a well-taken free kick just after half time and Jonathan Culloty added two more before the end. That win for Ericsson gives them a three point gap between them and Moylough ’79. BEAR AN RÁILLE DIVISION TWO Loughglynn United 0 Shiven Rovers 0 League leaders will go into the Christmas break on top with a ten points gap to Shiven Rovers. Loughglynn United play out a dull draw with Shiven Rovers, but still stay top. CASEY FORD DIVISION THREE Cam Celtic 0 Moore United B 1 Moore United second side stretched their lead at the top of the when they beat Cam Celtic 1-0 in Brideswell. The home side created many chances, which they failed to convert, and paid the price when Enda Kenny scored a winner for Moore United with five minutes left to play. Ballymoe FC 3 Rahara Rovers 3 The day’s biggest upset was second placed Rahara Rovers going down 3 – 1 away to second from bottom Ballymoe. Enda Keavney scored two and the experienced John Kennedy added a third for the winners with young Vando replying for Rahara Rovers. Castlerea Celtic 1 St John Athletic 0 Castlerea Celtic moved into second place, three points behind the leaders, when they beat St. John’s Athletic 1-0 in Ballinlough. Derek Kennedy won a penalty for Castlerea Celtic with seven minutes left to play and Gerard Coyne scored from the spot to win the game for the Castlerea side.