Results at a glance

The bad weather caused major disruption to the Roscommon & District League fixtures list last weekend with only four of the nineteen games being played.  Ruby Oil Sponsored Premier Division Skyvalley Rovers 1 Moore United 0  Skyvalley Rovers beat Moore United 1-0 in a local derby game played at Onagh Park Taughmaconnell.    Playing with a strong wind in the first half Skyvalley Rovers scored after only three minutes of play.    Damien Caulfield won a corner kick, which was taken by John Galvin. The Moore defence failed to get the ball away to safety and the experienced Frankie Creavin slammed the ball to the net from close range.    There was little between the sides for the remainder of the game and the Moore United cause was not helped when they had a player sent off in the second half for a second bookable offence. Nissan Division One Strokestown United 6 Cam Celtic 1 Strokestown United are in second place in the Athlone Nissan Division one table, three points behind leaders St. Johns Athletic but with a game more played.    They beat Cam Celtic 6-1 at Strokestown.  David Parker opened the scoring for the winners after ten minutes of play when he finished off a John Rogers cross.   Conor Silke and David Parker added two more before the break. In the second half Parker completed his hat-trick with Rory O’Connor and Conor Silke adding one each.  Brendan Lohan pulled a goal back for Cam Celtic. Bear An Raille Division 2 Cloonfad United 4 Roscommon Town 0 Cloonfad United beat Roscommon Town 4-0 at Cloonfad.    The experienced Paddy Costello volleyed Cloonfad into the lead after thirty-three minutes of play and he added a second before half-time. David Hevikan and Padraig Gildea added two more in the second half. Umbro Connacht Cup Ballyheane 0 Dysart 0 (Ballyheane win 3-1 on penalties)  Dysart travelled to the Mayo Premier Division side Ballyheane for their game in the third round of the Umbro sponsored Connacht Cup competition.    While playing really well Dysart were eventually beaten 3-1 in a penalty shoot-out after the game went to extra-time and penalties. Compiled by Dave Dibble and Vincent Brooks