Rahara Rovers B upset the odds

Rahara Rovers 2 Rahara Rovers B 4 Rahara Rovers B caused the major upset of the day when they beat their first team 4-2 in Rahara. John O’Keeffe scored early for the first team and Anthony Donnelly showed he never lost his touch when he got an equaliser for the B team. O’Keeffe struck again before Luke Donnelly, Fred Doolin and Vando secured a place in the next round for Rahara Rovers B. Lough Harps 0 Ballinasloe Town 6 Cup Holders Ballinasloe Town advanced to the next round with a convincing 5 – 0 win over Division 1 side Lough Harps in Ballinlough. Darragh Concannon Garry Egan and Shane Duffy gave the winners a 3 – 0 advantage at the break and Mark Duffy, Kevin Flanagan and Henry Loughnane added three more after the break.  St John’s Athletic 5 Loughglynn United 3 Division One league leaders St. John’s Athletic beat the Division two leaders Loughglynn 5-3 on penalties after their game finished level at 2-2 at the end of extra time. Credit to Loughglynn United who conceded home advantage in an effort to get the game played. The visitors Loughglynn United were the better side for most of the game and were 2-0 up with ten minutes left to play thanks to Michael Crayton and Donald Ward. However, John Devin struck twice in the last ten minutes and St. John’s Athletic won the penalty shoot out 5-3.  St. John’s Aidan Fallon pulled of two good saves in the shoot-out. Kilkerrin United 2 Dysart FC 3 In an all-Premier Division clash in Kilkerrin, League leaders Dysart beat Kilkerrin United 3-2. Declan Murphy scored early for Kilkerrin United and Trevor Kelly equalised for Dysart. In the second half Trevor Kelly and Eoghan McDonald were on the mark for the winners and Declan Murphy added a second for Kilkerrin United. Premier league leaders Dysart are away to Division one leaders St. John’s Athletic in round 3. KC Celtic 2 Manor United 1 KC Celtic beat Manor United 2-1 in Kilconnell. Brian Dolan scored early in the second half for Manor United and David Burns, Gary McLoughlin and John Kelly won the game for KC Celtic and they now face an away game against Cup holders Ballinasloe Town in the next round. Roscommon Town 3 Cloonfad United B 1 Roscommon Town had a comfortable 3-1 win over Cloonfad Utd. B in Roscommon. Thomas Gannon and a well-struck free kick from John McHale gave the Town side a 2-0 cushion. David Flynn scored their third from close range following a corner kick. Strokestown United 3 Moylough 79 0 Division Two title contenders Strokestown United beat Moylough 3-0 in Strokestown. John Rogers, David Parker and John Hynes scored for the winners. Cam Celtic 2 Ericsson FC 2 The game between Cam Celtic and Ericsson FC required a penalty shoot out to see who went through to the next round. Cam Celtic won 4-3 on penalties. In the shoot-out Benny Morris pulled off two splendid saves to win the game for Cam Celtic. Dermot O’Connor and Peter O’Brien had earlier scored for Cam Celtic. Moore United B 4 Lisnamult Celtic 0 Division three leaders Moore United B beat division two side Lisnamult Celtic 4-0 in Moore. Niall Kennedy and Christina, Eamon Naughton and Brian Lennon scored for Moore United against a poor Lisnamult Celtic side who have come off the rails in the past two weeks, going out the Cup and enduring a defeat to league leaders Loughglynn United who put seven past them in their last league game. Celtic also had a man sent off in this game. Castlerea Celtic’s second side are through to the next round when Ballinagare failed to field a team. Ballinasloe Town B v Laurencetown was postponed.