Oscar Traynor cup mission stalls

The Roscommon and District League Representative side ended their interest in this season’s Oscar Traynor Cup Competition when they were beaten 2-1 by the Galway League at the Skyvalley Rovers ground in Taughmaconnell. G AND H ROSCOMMON AND DISTRICT LEAGUE  CHALLENGE CUP ROUND ONE Round one of the G and H Sponsored Roscommon and District League Challenge Cup was played on Sunday with only teams from Division one and Division 2 in action Castlerea Celtic B 1 Roscommon Town 2: Pat Mullen’s Roscommon Town needed extra time before knocking out Castlerea Celtic B in Castlerea. Damien McGeeney gave the Town side a 1-0 lead after twenty minutes of the game but Celtic Polish player Androus got an equaliser in the last seconds of normal time. Town’s Damien McGeeney added a second in extra time to book a place in round two at home to Cloonfad United B. KC Celtic 4 Skyvalley Rovers 0: The league new side KC Celtic beat Skyvalley Rovers B side 4-0 in Kilconnell. David Burns gave the home side 1-0 lead at half time. The second half got no better for Rovers when Mike Hoban added two goals with James Murphy to end a bad day for Rovers. KC Celtic now play division 1 side Manor United in Kilconnell in the next round Laurencetown 3 Shiven Rovers B 0: Laurencetown beat Shiven Rovers B 3-0 in Laurencetown. Conor Cullinane gave Laurencetown a 1-0 lead at the break and went on to add a second in the second half. David Nee ended the tie with a third goal. Laurencetown will now play away to Ballinasloe Town B in the next round. Moore United B 1 St John Athletic B 0: League leaders Moore United B beat St. John’s Athletic B 1-0 in Moore, and will face Danny Doyle’s Lisnamult Celtic at Moore in round 2. Loughglynn United 6 CP Ajax 5: Loughglynn United beat CP Ajax 6 – 5 on penalties after their game finished 1-1 after extra time. Chris Collins scored for the winners in normal time. Division Two leaders Loughglynn United now take on Division 1 leaders St. John’s Athletic in Loughglynn in the next round. RUBY OIL PREMIER DIVISION Castlerea 2 Shiven Rovers 0: Third place Castlerea Celtic beat Shiven Rovers 2-0 in Newbridge to keep their title hope’s going. Mark Mulvehill and Ronan Curran scored for Celtic.  Ballymoe FC 2 Skyvalley Rovers 1: Skyvalley Rovers beat Ballymoe FC 2-1 in Ballymoe. Cormack McDonald gave Rovers the lead with a first minute goal. Ballymoe’s Barry Gaffey levelled the game five minutes into the second half. Declan Cooney scored the winner for Skyvalley Rovers with twenty minutes left on the clock. PREMIER DIVISION CUP, PRELIMINARY ROUND Cloonfad United 2 Glen Celtic 1: A good day for Cloonfad United, who beat Glen Celtic 2-1 in Cloonfad. Michael Geraghty had put Glen Celtic ahead after fifty-two minutes of the game. United’s Michael McKay levelled the game twenty minutes later and with seventy-nine played Alan Glynn scored the winner for United.