The Mart managers of Ireland have introduced new measures for all their marts which are to take immediate effect throughout the country. It is hoped that farmers and members of the public will understand the need for these changes. Any farmers that have any questions are asked to contact their local marts.
1. Everyone entering the mart must sign in so the mart has a log of all people on premises in case of virus spread.
2. Mart only permits buyers entry. No other members of public will be permitted to yard or ring.
3. Animals, both cattle and sheep, are unloaded by members of staff. Sellers must remain in vehicles and give cards, dispatch dockets and contact information to member of staff when unloading.
4. Sellers can either be phoned prior to the sale of their stock – and be permitted entry only then – or can leave a reserve price for stock with mart, or conditional sale. This will be agreed between seller and mart.
5. Sanitising will be increased and adhered to by all mart staff and persons entering mart. Gloves, sanitiser will be available on arrival.
6. Buyers must keep safe distance from staff in office area.
7. No purchaser should attend mart if they are feeling unwell in any way.
8. Children are strictly forbidden.
9. Buyers must be kept at least two metres apart in the sales ring. A member of staff will make sure that this happens. We ask that customers show understanding in this regard.
10. The mart canteens will remain closed for the next two weeks.
11. As with entry, all livestock will be loaded by members of staff.