Roscommon Fine Gael TD Denis Naughten has told The Roscommon People that other people who are on a waiting list for a kidney transplant operation in Co. Roscommon have contacted him to express their horror at the news that a Lecarrow woman will not now be receiving her transplant operation as planned in the Beaumont Hospital because of a lack of resources. Maeve Kelly (40) was told by letter last week from the Beaumont Hospital that the living transplant programme at the hospital had been suspended because of a lack of resources and funding to provide theatre facilities, beds outpatient facilities and new staff. Maeve Kelly was due to receive a kidney from her sister Marita who had undergone the relevant compatability tests. She told her story on The Late Late Show last Friday night. Deputy Naughten said last night that there are at least three other people in Co. Roscommon on a waiting list for this programme. ‘They have contacted me since this story broke to express their horror and outrage that such a thing could happen’ he said. Spokesperson for the Irish Kidney Association Mr. Mark Murphy says that negotiations between the HSE and the Beaumont Hospital on this issue had broken down — hence the suspension of the programme. The living programme was set up last year but now the 450 people on the national waiting list will now have to wait two to three years before they will have any chance of receiving a kidney that would be donated after the death of someone else.