Little Cup joy for local teams

The Umbro sponsored FAI Junior Cup took centrestage on Sunday and overall it was not a lucky day for teams from the Roscommon & District league.   Roscommon & District league Division 1 side Manor Utd. were unlucky to lose in extra-time to the Sligo/Leitrim Super League side Manorhamilton Utd. Aidan Kelly and Cian Dowling had twice given Manor Utd. the lead only for the opposition to score from the penalty spot. In extra-time Manorhamilton scored again to win 3-2.  Ballymoe F.C played well for long periods but collapsed in the last fifteen minutes to lose 6-2 against the Sligo/Leitrim Super League side Carbury F.C. Gerard McDonald and Michael Gaffey netted for Ballymoe.    Dysart were beaten 1-0 at home to the Sligo /Leitrim side Calry Bohs. and Division 1 side Ericsson F.C. were beaten 5-4  in a penalty shoot-out after their game finished 2-2 after extra-time. Jonathan Culloty scored both goals for Ericsson in normal time.   Premier Division side Kilkerrin Utd. were well beaten by Boyle Celtic at Kilkerrin. Rory O’Donoghue, Gary Goldrick, Damien Keegan and Killian Conboy scored for Boyle Celtic and Brendan Rush got a consolation goal for Kilkerrin Utd. Cam Celtic were beaten 4-0 by another Sligo/Leitrim side, Treacy Celtic.   In the all-Roscommon & District games Premier Division side Moore Utd. were beaten 3-1 by newly-promoted Shiven Rovers. The winners made it three straight wins when they won at Moore. Eoghan McDonagh scored two and John Carthy one for the winners and the Brazilian Christiana replied for Moore.    In an all-Division 2 clash Loughglynn beat Roscommon Town 3-1 at Roscommon. Donald Ward and Chris Collins had Loughglynn 2-0 ahead at half-time and Mark O’Brien added a third after the break.  Premier Division side Skyvalley Rvs. beat Division 1 leaders St. Johns Athletic 3-2 at Onagh Park, Taughmaconnell. Andrew Grady scored with a spectacular volley after twelve minutes of play. Shortly afterwards David Grehan won a penalty for the home side and Conor Duignan levelled the game from the penalty spot. Duignan added a second before the break. After fifteen minutes of play in the second half St. Johns Athletic were level with John Devine finishing off a fine passing move. Brian Lennon scored for Skyvalley Rvs. with ten minutes left to play and with St. Johns’ leading goalscorer Alan Creavin injured they could not get an equaliser.   Division 1 side Rahara Rvs. beat Ahascragh Utd at Ahascragh. There were no goals in normal time but in extra-time Barry Nestor scored twice for Rahara Rvs. The Castlerea Celtic v Glen Celtic game was postponed due to a downpour at Glenamaddy.   In Division 2 Lisnamult Celtic had their second win of the season when they beat Glen Celtic 2-1 away at Glenamaddy. Declan McCallion had Glen Celtic 1-0 ahead at the break thanks to a fine volley. However Dida levelled the game fifteen minutes into the game and Edimielson won all three points for the Roscommon Town side when his shot took a deflection and finished in the Glen Celtic net, with ten minutes left to play.   Shiven Rovers beat Ballinagare 1-0 in their Division 2 game at Newbridge. Ballinagare had the majority of play but a Joe Devaney goal after twenty-four minutes of play won all three points for Shiven Rovers.   The Castleplunkett side C.P. Ajax beat Cloonfad Utd. 4-3 at Tarmon. Martin Costello struck after five minutes for the Castleplunkett side and ten minutes later Eamon Flatley levelled the game. Sean Ryan restored the home side’s lead from the penalty spot before half-time. Stephen Finnegan replied for Cloonfad just after the break. Sean Ryan scored again from the penalty spot and Dermot Lyons made it 4-2 in favour of C.P. Ajax before Stephen Finnegan scored his second for the losers.   Laurencetown Utd. beat Skyvalley Rovers 4-0 at Laurencetown. Conor Cullinane and Mike Lynch gave the home side a 2-0 half-time lead and David Nee and Ian Jolly added two more after the break.  In the Casey Ford Division 3 Cam Celtic beat St. Johns Athletic 2-1 at Brideswell. Adrian McDonald scored both goals fro the winners.    Castlerea Celtic beat Moore Utd. 2-0. Gerard Coyne in the first half and Patrick Egan in the second scored the goals.  New side K.C Celtic drew 1-1 at home to Rahara Rvs. Michael Coen scored for the home side.