Holders Castlerea into next round

Ericsson F.C are through to the third round of the G and H sponsored Roscommon and District league Challenge Cup after beating the division 3 side Lisnamult Celtic 4-1 at Athlone. The visitors were 1-0 up at the break but John Quilty scored two and Ian Barry and Andy Doyle one each for the Division 2 leaders. They have a home game against Premier side Ahascragh Utd. in the next round. In round 3 Cup holders Castlerea Celtic beat division 1 side Shiven Rvs 4-2 at Newbridge. Shiven Rvs played well in the first half and had the majority of play. However two mistakes saw them trail Castlerea Celtic 2-0 at the break. Jim Mannion, Ronan Curran, Conor McSharry and Packie O’Brien scored for the winners and Shane Harkin and Thomas Hannon replied for the losers. They play Kilkerrin or Moore Utd. in the next round. Ballinasloe Town moved a step closer to winning the Ruby Oil Sponsored Premier Division of the Roscommon and District League when they beat bottom side Moylough 2-0 at Ballinasloe. Liam Lynch broke the deadlock with a superb shot early in the second half and Henry Loughnane headed a second near the end of the game. Moore Utd. remain in second place, two points behind the leaders, but with a game more played. They beat Cloonfad Utd. 3-0 at Moore. After two minutes Cathal Duffy got on the end of a free-kick to give Moore an early lead. Five minutes later Paul Kelly broke through the Cloonfad defence to make 2-0 in favour of Moore Utd. With four minutes left in the first half Enda Barrett completed the scoring when he headed the ball to the Cloonfad net. Heatmerchants secured their place in the Premier Division for another season with a 2-1 win at home to Glen Celtic. The Hyland brothers – Colm and Aidan -scored for Heatmerchants and Thomas Giblin replied for the Glenamaddy side. Skyvalley Rvs secured a valuable 4-3 win over Kilkerrin Utd. at Taughmaconnell. Conor Duignan gave the home side an early lead and Jason Ward replied for Kilkerrin. Alan Oliver and Mike Duignan then scored for Skyvalley Rvs to give them a two-goal cushion at the break. Liam Stephens pulled one back for the losers but Alan Oliver scored from the penalty spot after Conor Duignan was taken down in the Kilkerrin penalty area. Martin Walsh brought Kilkerrin within a goal with four minutes remaining but Skyvalley Rvs. held out for the win. In the Athlone Nissan Division 1 Dysart moved within a point of the leaders Ballymoe F.C following a 5-1 win over Rahara Rvs. at Dysart. Robbie Byrne and Mark Higgins gave Dysart a two-goal cushion at the break and Jason Corbett, Brendan Mannion and Keith Waldron completed the scoring for Dysart after the break.  Cam Celtic were held to a 1-1 draw at home to Laurencetown. Mark Hanley scored for the home side and Laurencetown’s goal came by way of an own goal.     Ballinagare beat Roscommon Town 6-2 at Strokestown. Pat Mullins scored both goals for the Town side and the Baylough v Ballymoe game was postponed.  In the Abbey Hotel Division 2 Ballinasloe Town second side closed the gap on leaders Erricsson F.C to five points when they beat Shiven Rvs. 7-1 at Ballinasloe. Vinnie Doherty and Wayne Coyne scored two each and Mark Ford, Owen Carey and Noel Lyons added one each. Manor Utd beat a young Castlerea Celtic side 5-1 at Manor. Joe Cassidy gave Manor a 1-0 advantage after twenty minutes of play and Declan Staunton replied for the losers before half-time. After the break Brendan Burke scored two and Alan Garvey one for Manor with an own goal making it 5-1 in favour of Manor Utd.    The Division 3 Game between Rahara Rvs. and Cam Celtic was abandoned in the second half. Rahara Rvs. were leading 2-1 at the time.