Gardai say ‘no serious incident’ as youth disco ends abruptly

Gardaí in Roscommon Town say reports of an incident during a youth disco on Friday night are without foundation.

The youth disco came to an abrupt end shortly before 10 pm amid some panic. It had been scheduled to continue until 11 pm.

All children attending vacated the venue which was evacuated safely and quickly. While there were widespread rumours that a man had allegedly entered the building and been involved in an incident, Gardai said tonight that there had been no serious incident and that nobody had been arrested.

No patrons attending the youth disco were hurt. Children who attended the youth disco said there was considerable panic.

A spokesperson for Roscommon Gardai said there was no serious incident and that unfounded rumours had circulated.