Gardai say couple’s death ‘not suspicious’

Shock and sadness at death of Knockvicar couple Paul Hickey  It is thought that accidental carbon monoxide poisoning may have caused the tragic deaths of a husband and wife in Knockvicar, Boyle, Co. Roscommon early this week.    The bodies of Paddy Joe and Annie (nee Lohan) McCormack were discovered on Tuesday night after neighbours alerted the Garda Síochána. Their deaths have evoked shock and sadness throughout County Roscommon. Mr. and Mrs. McCormack did not attend weekly Mass at Cootehall Church on Sunday morning and had not been seen in the Knockvicar area for a number of days. Local woman Ms. Ann Beirne notified the Gardaí when she noticed that the couple had not paid their regular visit to her post office in Knockvicar.