Division 2 final drawn, Ballinameen’s late winner

Division 2 final drawn, Ballinameen’s late winner Supervalu U 16 Div. 2 final Boyle           2-6 St. Aidans    0-12 Boyle were the happier side at the end of this exciting drawn final played in Ballyleague last Saturday evening. Boyle were 0-11 to 1-5 behind with only two minutes of normal time to go but they came back to force a draw.   St. Aidans led by 0-6 to 1-2 at half-time, Martin Grimes scoring the Boyle goal while Paul Higgins led the way for Aidans with great  scores from frees and play.   Aidans looked the likely winners when they led by 0-11 to 1-5 in the 58th minute but a goal from Martin Grimes narrowed the gap. Aidans scored what looked like the winner before Grimes again came to the rescue with an equaliser in injury-time. St. Aidans: R. Kielty, B. Donnelly, P. Donnelly, N. Galvin, E. Mulry, S. Byrne (0-1), M. McLoughlin, M. Coyle, P. Higgins (0-6), J. Waldron (0-1), C. Kelly (0-2), J. Lavin (0-1), G. McDonnell (0-1), N. Hannon, K. Moore. Sub: M Ryan. Boyle: C. Beirne, T. Tynan, C. Lavin, R. Smith, B. McLoughlin, J. McDermott, G. Kelly, P. Rushe, M. O Connor, B. McCrann (0-5), K. O’ Neill, T. Lavin, M. Grimes (2-1), R. Coles.   Referee: V. Hardiman. Supervalu Div. 3 final Ballinameen         2-11 St. Michaels         3-5 Ballinameen’s late surge saw them win a very exciting Div. 3 County U-16 final in Croghan on Saturday evening last. St. Michaels led the game early on and after 20 minutes they were 1-4 to no score ahead the goal coming from Darren Conlon in the 9th minute.   But Ballinameen struck back before half-time when Aidan Hanbury scored a goal and with only a few minutes to go to half-time there was only a point between the teams. However Michaels struck their second goal before half-time through Thomas Cooney.   Ballinameen were the stronger side in the second half and the sides were level with ten minutes to go. However a Stephen Daly goal with nine minutes left  looked to have won the game for his side but Ballinameen scored a couple of late points and a goal from Balinameen player Cathal Austin on the stroke  of full-time gave the title to his side in dramatic circumstances. Ballinameen: M. Keane, B. McDermott, K. Forde, O. Brennan, J. McDermott, S. Connaughton, C. Beirne, A. Beirne, C. Harrington (0-6), N. Ward (0-1), C. Austin (1-0), J. Carthy (0-2), A. Hanbury (1-0).   St. Michaels: M. Leydon, S. McDermott, N. McDermott, L. Keane, S. Cooney, A. Duignan, T. Cooney (1-1), J. Reynolds (0-1), K. Cooney, N. McGuinness, S.  Daly (1-3), D. Conlon (1-0), A. Moran. Referee: K. Madigan.