Cup semi-final line-up completed

Roscommon & District League round-up  Premier Division sides Ballinasloe Town, Heatmerchants and Castlerea Celtic will be joined by in the semi-finals of the G&H sponsored Roscommon & District League Challenge Cup by Division 1 champions Ballymoe F.C   The Premier Division side Heatmerchants travelled to Division 1 side Dysart and came away with a 1-0 win. Colm Hyland broke the deadlock in the first half when he scored following a free-kick near the Dysart goal. The losers just could not put the ball in the Heatmerchants net with Niall Corbett, Vincent Donoghue and Brendan Mannion all having shots come off the woodwork. Dysart’s best chance came when they were awarded a penalty kick but again they failed to find the target.     Division 1 Champions Ballymoe F.C beat Division 2 champions Ericsson F.C 3-2 at Ballymoe. There were no goals at half-time but with five minutes played in the second half Des Boyle gave Ericsson F.C a 1-0 lead. Ten minutes later Paddy Fallon got an equaliser for Ballymoe and within ten minutes Michael Gaffey added two excellent goals for Ballymoe. Aiden Troy pulled one back from the penalty spot for the losers with fifteen minutes to play but Ballymoe held out and now play Cup holders Castlerea Celtic in the semi-finals.     Ballinasloe Town beat Division 1 strugglers Laurencetown by a single goal when they played at Ballinasloe on Friday evening. Darragh Concannon converted a penalty kick after fifty-five minutes of play to see Ballinasloe Town through to the semi-finals and a meeting with the Athlone-based Heatmerchants.   In the Premier Division Cup Quarter Finals Glen Celtic beat Ahascragh Utd.1-0 at Ahascragh on Friday evening. However they were beaten 5-0 in the Semi-finals by Ballinasloe Town. Mark Duffy opened the scoring after two minutes of play and Robby Brooks added a second six minutes later. Mark Duffy completed his hat-trick in the second half and Darragh Concannon added one more for the winners. Ballinasloe play either Kilkerrin Utd. or Heatmerchants in the final.   Shiven Rvs. are through to the quarter-finals of the Division 1 Cup after beating Ballymoe F.C. in a penalty shoot-out of Friday evening. The score was 1-1 after extra-time with Shane Harkin getting an equaliser for Shiven Rvs. Shiven won the penalty shoot-out 3-2.    Ballinagare beat Rahara Rvs 3-1 at Ballinagare.   Cam Celtic beat Laurencetown Utd. 2-1 after extra-time at Laurencetown. Mike Lynch gave the losers a first-half lead and Kieran Shine scored a valuable goal to send the game to extra-time. Brendan Lohan got the winner for Cam Celtic in the second period of extra-time.   In the Abbey Hotel Division 2 Cup Erricsson F.C beat Lough Harps 3-1 at Athlone on Friday evening. Their leading goal scorer Des Boyle scored two and Ian Pillion one for the winners with Gerry Gallagher replying for the Ballinlough side.   Manor Utd. beat Skyvalley Rvs 3-1 at Manor on Friday evening. Sean Glennon gave Skyvalley Rvs. an early lead. With sixty-five minutes played Johnny Burke volleyed an equaliser for Manor Utd. Joe Cassidy and Vivian Kenny added two more for Manor in the last six minutes of the game.   They beat Shiven Rvs 2-1 after extra-time at Newbridge on Sunday to reach the Division 2 Cup final. Aidan Kelly and David Hussey scored for the winners and Noel Dervan replied for the losers.