Cloonfad United remain unbeaten

In the Connacht Senior Challenge Cup Castlerea Celtic were beaten by Erris United 2-1. Damien Webb gave the home side a 1-0 lead going in at half-time (from the penalty spot). However Erris bounced back with goals from Davy Reilly and Sean Barrett to give Erris the win.   Cloonfad Utd. remain unbeaten in the Ruby Oil sponsored Premier Division of the Roscommon & District league following a 1-1 draw away to newly-promoted Shiven Rovers at Newbridge.    Alan Glynn had the visitors ahead after only ten minutes of play and Peter Gilmore salvaged a point for Shiven Rovers with seven minutes left to play.  In a local derby game at Glenamaddy Glen Celtic and Kilkerrin Utd. drew 2-2. Michael Molloy scored early for the home side. However Jason Ward and Keith Mahon scored for Kilkerrin before the half-time break. Cathal Dowd scored near the end of the game to give Glen Celtic their third draw in succession.  Moore Utd. won their second point of the season when they drew 1-1 at home to Skyvalley Rovers. The visitors were well on top in the first half but failed to take their chances. Damien Caulfield finally broke the deadlock fifteen minutes into the second half but substitute John Greene won a point for Moore Utd. when he scored near the end of the game.   In the Athlone Nissan Division 1 Cam Celtic came from 2-0 down at home to Ballinasloe Town to win 3-2 at Brideswell. Warren and Wayne Coyne gave Ballinasloe Town a 2-0 lead with Brendan Lohan, Michael Nestor and Mark Gavin replying for the winners.      Ahascragh Utd. had a convincing 3-1 win over Manor. Ahascragh went into a 3-0 lead and Keith Hussey pulled one back in the 86th minute for Manor but it was too late. Erricsson have a 3-0 win over Lough Harps.    The local derby between St. Johns and Rahara Rovers lived up to expectations. Luke Donnelly gave Rahara the lead after 25 minutes. Alan Creavin scored for St. Johns to tie the match but within two minutes Rahara had taken the lead again with a goal from Damien Donnelly. However in the 88th minute John Devine volleyed well to the net to share the points in the local derby.     Strokestown had a good away win by beating Moylough79 3-2.   In the Bear an Raille sponsored Division 2 Shiven Rovers beat Cloonfad Utd. 3-1 at Cloonfad. Padraig Gildea scored for the losers. Loughglynn won away to Laurencetown by a goal while Skyvalley received a walk-over against C.P. Ajax. Lisnamult had a good home win by 3-0 against Ballinagare.  In the Casey Ford Roscommon Division 3 Castlerea Celtic made it three wins out of four played when they beat Ballymoe F.C. 3-2 in their game at Ballymoe. Daniel Dunleevy and Nigel Ward gave the winners a 2-0 half-time lead. Nigel Ward scored again in the second half with Martin Connaughton and Jason Joyce scoring for the losers.    The Rahara v St. Johns game was abandoned after a St. Johns player was injured. Rahara were 2-0 ahead at the time thanks to Fred Doolin and Alan O’Keeffe. Moore beat K.C. Celtic 2-1.