Celtic put six past Laurencetown

DIVISION TWO CUP SEMI FINAL Laurencetown ……………………. 2  Lisnamult Celtic …………………. 6 The semi final clash of Lisnamult Celtic and Laurencetown was set up after Laurencetown beat Shiven Rovers in the last round away from home. Meanwhile, Celtic came into the game on the back of an away win over CP Ajax. A plethora of goals from the Lisnamult side now sees the team into the Division Two Cup final this weekend. Laurencetown were first out of the blocks in this game and won a corner with just three minutes on the clock. It was well defended by the Celtic back four, and Celtic replied with some fine build-up play which saw Marus shoot just over the bar. All the football was coming from Celtic. With 12 minutes gone, Maxwell picked up the ball and saw his shot go just wide of Coleman in the Laurencetown goal. One minute later, Celtic won a free kick for a foul on Marus. The kick was taken by Rodriguez and his shot was well-saved by Coleman. Against the run of play, Laurencetown’s Ian Jolley saw his shot go wide, but Celtic came back and had a shot cleared off the Laurencetown goal line to keep them in the game. The deadlock was broken on 17 minutes when Celtic won a corner. Dida’s header went into the top corner of the net to leave Celtic one up. Celtic added to the score with a great strike from Rodriguez on 19 minutes, but Laurencetown hit right back with a goal from Conor Cullinane. Unfortunately for the Galway side, their comeback was short-lived. After some good build-up play from the Celtic midfield, Edmilision picked up the ball just outside the Laurencetown box to score Celtic’s third goal. The first yellow card of the game went to Laurencetown’s Keelan McKeigue for a tackle from behind. As the teams went in at half time, the score was Laurencetown 1 Lisnamult Celtic 3. Celtic started the second as they ended the first when Maxwell saw his shot go wide. With 50 minutes on the clock, Celtic added to their score as Edmilision beat Coleman at the bottom right post to put Celtic to in the driving seat. This was the wake-up call for Laurencetown who had a shot cleared off the Celtic goal line. Celtic won a corner on 64 minutes and it was taken by Dida who picked out Maxwell. His header beat Coleman and the resulting score ended the game as a contest. On 76 minutes Celtic was forced into a change when their goalkeeper Eunice picked up an injury and Daniel Hoare became the last line of defence. Celtic ended the day with flying colours when Maxwell scored to make it a bad day for Laurencetown. With 83 minutes played and Celtic running down the clock, the Celtic defence mechanism appeared to falter. Laurencetown’s Mark Nee nipped in to beat Hoare in the Celtic goal to make the score six-two to Celtic. Right on full time Celtic’s Marus and Laurencetown’s Conor Cullinane fell out and both were booked by the referee. This was a sad ending to a good game of football. The final score Laurencetown 2 Lisnamult Celtic 6. Laurencetown: M Coleman, K McKeigue, D Dervan, M Clarke, M Nee, I Jolley, J Hynes, D Nee, A Curley, P Nee, C Cullinane. Lisnamult Celtic: Eunice, K Doolan, S Mannion, P Hoey, J Tierney, Marus, Rodriguez, Maxwell, D Casey, Dida, Edmilision.