The Roscommon GAA County Board Secretary Mr. Seamus Maher has said that the County Board executive are ‘fully behind’ John Maughan if he wants to stay on for a third year as the manager of the Roscommon senior football team. Speaking to the local media after the qualifier game against Kildare, Mr. Maher said that John Maughan had ‘brought a new professionalism to Roscommon football and we want him to stay for a third year. ‘People may be disappointed by the results but they should be looking at the bigger picture and if John wants to stay for a third year then the executive of the County Board will be fully behind him’ he concluded. John Maughan declined to speak to the local media before or after last Saturday’s game against Kildare. The Roscommon People was unable to contact him earlier this week. It is presumed that the management of the senior football team in Roscommon will be reviewed at a County Board meeting in the near future. When originally appointed John Maughan was given a two-year term with an option for a third year. The only media John Maughan spoke to last weekend was RTE Radio where he did analysis on the Connacht SFC final between Sligo and Galway but he did not comment on his own position with Roscommon on that programme as far as we are aware.