Ballinasloe are one win away

Ballinasloe Town require just one victory from their two remaining games to win the Ruby Oil sponsored Premier Division of the Roscommon and District league. Over the weekend they beat Kilkerrin Utd. 3-1 at Glenamaddy and Heatmerchants 3-0 at Athlone.   Garry Canavan scored their first goal against Kilkerrin and Henry Loughnane added two more in the second half. Declan Murphy pulled a goal back for Kilkerrin from the penalty spot. Ballinasloe Town beat Heatmerchants 3-0 at Athlone. Henry Loughnane brought his total to five for the weekend when scored all three goals for the winners.   Cloonfad Utd. had a valuable 1-0 win over Moylough 79 at Moylough. With seventy-two minutes played David Keavney headed in a free kick by Nigel Prendergast to secure all three points.   Kilkerrin Utd failed to make it to the Simi. Finals of the Connacht Cup when beaten 4-0 away to the Sligo Super League side Carbury F.C. Kilkerrin Utd. played against a storm in the first half and conceded two goals in the last four minutes of the half. They looked like getting back in the game in the second half but had a man sent off and then conceded two more goals near the end of the game.   With just three series of games to be played Ballymoe F.C remain a point clear at the top of the Athlone Nissan sponsored Division 1 points table. They came from behind to draw 1-1 away to Rahara Rvs. Luke Donnelly gave Rahara Rvs. a 1-0 lead after twenty minutes of play. With just seven minutes remaining Ray Hynes got an equaliser for Ballymoe F.C.   Dysart remain in second place, a point behind the leaders, but with a game more played. They came from behind to snatch a point away to the bottom side Ballinagare. The home side scored with ten minutes remaining and Mark Higgins replied for Dysart in the closing minutes of the game.   In the Abbey Hotel Division 2 the top two teams won. Ericsson F.C require just a single point from their remaining two games to win this division. They beat Lough Harps 5-1 at Ballinlough. Damien Earley gave the Ballinlough side an ‘early’ lead. However Andy Doyle levelled the game and Aiden Troy and Paul Horkan added two each for Ericsson F.C.   Ballinasloe Town have still a slim chance of catching the leaders following a 2-0 win over Skyvalley Rovers at Ballinasloe. Warren Coyne converted a penalty and then scored from play for the winners. Both scores came in the last nine minutes of the game.   Also in this division Castlerea Celtic beat local rivals C.P Ajax 7-4. Derek Mullhall and Declan Crayton scored two each and Patrick Egan, Simon Clarke and Alan Kennedy added one each.   In the Casey Ford Division 3 Glen Celtic beat Ballymoe F.C 4-1 at Ballymoe. Niall Gannon got a hat-trick and John Keavney converted a penalty kick for the Glenamaddy side. Billy Kelly replied for Ballymoe.