Senator Frank Feighan has advised that 39 refugees whom he says were due to arrive in Ballaghaderreen last Tuesday did not come due to “operational reasons.” However he now expects them to arrive next Tuesday.
Senator Feighan says the Minister of State for Justice, David Stanton has informed him that the first group of Syrian refugees who were due to arrive in Ballaghaderreen on March 7th will now arrive on Tuesday, March 14th.
“As previously advised, an initial group of 39 people was due to arrive from their temporary reception centre in Dublin to Ballaghaderreen on Tuesday, March 7th, with a second group of 40 people scheduled to arrive at the EROC facility in the town on March 14th.
“Minister Stanton has now informed me that for operational reasons, these two groups will be moved together and will arrive on Tuesday, March 14th.
“I understand that local service providers and community volunteers have been advised of the change of schedule.”